GO AHEAD, BE EXTRA SAFE
We’ve been hard at work implementing new policies to follow state and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines so we can keep our guests and team members safe during their time with us. We are so grateful for your patience as we adapt to the new normal of the salon experience during COVID-19. While some things may be different, our dedication to care and excellent service will always remain the same. Read on to learn about our new safety policies.
WHAT WE’RE DOING:
- A PROFESSIONAL CLEANING SERVICE SANITIZES THE SALON DAILY. Additionally, we clean all stations in between guests.
- WE’LL GREET YOU VERBALLY. As much as we’ve missed you and would love a hug—a verbal greeting, wave or salutation will work for now.
- STATIONS ARE SPACED 6 FEET APART. We ask our guests to be mindful and social distance as much as possible in the salon.
- BEVERAGE SERVICES ARE PAUSED. Please feel free to bring a water bottle from home.
- PRE-SERVICE SHAMPOOS WILL NOT BE PERFORMED. For now, please come with clean, dry hair to reduce your time in the salon. Post-color shampoos will continue.
- GUESTS WILL BE GIVEN A FRESHLY LAUNDERED CAPE TO WEAR, AS ALWAYS. Please come in freshly cleaned clothes.
- HAND AND SHOULDER MASSAGES WILL NOT BE OFFERED. We promise the beloved Aveda Rituals will return when it’s safe.
- NO MAKEUP TOUCH-UPS FOR NOW. Again—this is temporary. But you can purchase some Aveda lipstick and wow them all on your next Zoom meeting.
- WE ARE WORKING HARD TO RESCHEDULE MISSED APPOINTMENTS. If you had an appointment cancelled while we were closed, we’ll be in touch soon to reschedule. Thank you for your patience as we work to contact hundreds of people.
WHAT WE’RE ASKING YOU TO DO:
- STAY HOME IF YOU’RE SICK. No one with a fever can enter the building. We’ll be taking everyone’s temperature, so be sure to wait in a cool space before your service.
- WEAR A MASK. If needed, we can provide one that hooks behind your ears. This requirement is based on the CDC’s recommendation, which advises the use of masks covering nose and mouth to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS WHEN YOU ARRIVE. Your service provider will do the same.
- PLEASE COME ALONE. Due to our capacity limitations, we cannot accommodate guests’ companions or children in the salon at this time. Guests’ essential caregivers are the exception.
- NO LARGE BAGS. Please bring only what you need and what can fit on your lap so we can keep our stations clean.
- CALL US WHEN YOU ARRIVE. Our waiting area is temporarily closed, so please wait in your car or outside until your service provider is ready for you.
- NO CASH ACCEPTED. We’ll happily accept payment and tips through credit cards.
HOW TO GET YOUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS RIGHT NOW:
- When you’re in the salon, you can ask our gloved team to shop the retail section for you.
- You can shop online (and get free shipping) here.
- You can call us at (305) 448-5750 and arrange for curbside pickup of your products.
GOOD NEWS: WEARING A MASK WORKS
Case studies are showing that consistently wearing masks (like we are at Detlev Salon) greatly reduces/eliminates the spread of COVID-19 in salons.
At a salon in Missouri, two stylists tested positive for COVID-19, but because they and their guests wore masks, none of the 139 exposed people were infected, and no further spread occurred.
Please know how very important providing excellent service is to us. These new measures we are taking are temporary until we can get back to the high standards that you’ve come to expect from us. We hope that will be sooner than later!